Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Summer veggies from the farmer's market

Good evening everyone!
The olympics has been pretty exciting, and I've been enjoying the ones I'm interested in on TV :D

The temperature has been pretty hot in Southern California for the past few days, and I wanted to eat something healthy and not too heavy.



Using the colorful vegetables from the local farmer's market, the first dish I prepared was a bowl of cold udon noodle.

Boiled and washed cold udon with cold broth, topped with sauteed kale and corn, pork stewed cooked in black tea soy broth, fresh sliced tomatoes, lime, and a little bit of mayonnaise with a dash of cayenne pepper.


Oh, don't forget a good quality toasted sesame oil. This was a gift from a friend, and it's so flavorful! A little drizzle of this oil after squeezing the lime.

It was light and healthy, but still filling enough for the lunch time.

Loved the summer color of the veggies :)
With the other veggies, I made a batch of Ratatouille. After this photo was taken, I still kept cooking it for a while, and it turned into a beautiful tasty ratatouille.  By the way, I liked the animated movie "Ratatouille" a lot.

After my husband and I enjoyed this ratatouille with cooked quinoa, we still had a little left, so added some more ingredients and turned it into a curry. Extra bonus!

Have a good evening, and see you soon again :D

No comments:

Post a Comment