Saturday, July 21, 2012

Thin Apricot Pie

Good morning everyone :D


Another beautiful morning, and it's a weekend, so double plus!!!


At the local farmer's market, the stone fruits are in season. 


Plums, peaches, and apricots.
When I visited one of the markets, the apricots were very sweet, so I got some, and decided to bake with the last couple of the apricots after I enjoyed eating the rest of them fresh :)


I searched in my freezer and found a frozen pie sheet, so made a loose almond cream with less egg yolk with drizzle of rum. Spread it over the pie sheet, then lined up some wedged apricots, and it's ready to be baked.


Done. Pretty color, isn't it?
Ready to be enjoyed by my friends and one of the friend's mother and her friend who were visiting from Japan.


I plated them on vintage snack plates purchased recently after searching for them seriously.



Everyone liked the pie, and loved the snack set as much as I do. So cute aren't they?


Paired with Mariage Freres's "Marcopolo Verde", a green tea with very fruity aroma. We had a nice tea time with lots of smile :D :D :D


Well, time to go. I will be making a blueberry pie today, and will tell you about it maybe next time.


Enjoy your weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment