Friday, May 25, 2012

Annular Solar Eclipse

Wow, another weekend is about to start. And it's a long weekend! :D


Do you have any fun plans for the weekend? My husband and I will just take it easy, maybe eat good food with our friends.


Last Sunday, did you get to see the annular solar eclipse? In Japan, everyone was excited about this, and TV programs were talking about it a lot. I could feel the excitement in Japan through skyping with my family, and seeing friends talking about it on facebook. On the day at 6pm, my brother in law couple who live in midwest texted me saying "We are in New Mexico on top of the mountain to watch the annular solar eclipse. You guys can see it there, too?"


To be honest, I didn't know we could see it in the US as well. I ran to my husband, and he suggested that we go up the mountain close by to take a look. So we did, and on the way, I looked up, and the sun was sooooo bright that I felt scared that my eyes may get hurt. Not only we didn't own that special glasses, but I even forgot to take my sunglasses with me. Oh no! It doesn't show clear in the photo, but part of the sun had dark shade and it was not round. 


Luckily, as we drove up the hill, the clouds came out, and the sun was covered but thin enough for us to see through the sun. It wasn't a perfect ring shape, but like a crescent moon. The photo on the top is the one I took with my iPhone.












The dark ones are taken by my husband with his Android phone.


The top photo with the round one was taken by our sister-in-law. She took the photo through her special glasses. Beautiful and exciting! 


I heard the next one we will be able to see it in LA will be in 59 years! It was an pretty exciting event. Thank you sister for letting us know : D
Have a fun weekend everyone.





No comments:

Post a Comment