Friday, April 6, 2012

Starting over


Hello everyone. I started blogging a long time ago, but was not able to keep up with it. Recently, I met a friend who has a beautiful blog with lots of talent, and was inspired by her to start over with a new blog.


First, I would like to write a little about myself.

My name is ako. I moved to the US, a Midwest State, from Japan ten years ago and got married with my husband. Right after I arrived, I've decided to change my career path from business world to culinary world which was my long time dream since I was in high school.



Through attending culinary school, I realized that I have more talent in pastry field rather than hot food cooking, so addition to my culinary degree, I also received a pastry and baking certificate and started my career in a pastry kitchen of a fine dining French Restaurant where I learned so much about plated dessert and delicate pastry production.

After a while, I moved on and worked at a private golf country club. There, I learned more about baking breads and volume pastry production for various banquets.

Even though I truely loved what I did at work, I had to admit that spending time with my husband and do traveling which I love was not very easy because he works during weekdays in office, and kitchen schedule usually works the opposite.

Therefore, after we moved to California four years ago, I have decided to find a way to keep doing what I like, but in a different style. Now, I work on my own, enjoy my new sweet, natural, and happy life.

I think this is long enough for today. Thank you very much for visiting my blog. I hope you got to know a little about me, and would love you to keep coming back to check out more about what I like to share :D

No comments:

Post a Comment